- Our History
- Sister Properties
- Green Policies
- Latest News
- Business Partners
- Cadbury Cars
- Useful Links
DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House, is determined to promote good practice in all environmental issues and are committed by joining the Green Tourism Business Scheme. In which we have achieved the highest rating of GOLD, we are the first hotel in Bristol & Somerset to achieve this accolade.
We are dedicated to minimising our Carbon footprint whilst at the same time providing a top class hotel and leisure facilities. We will seek to achieve the highest standard of excellence in energy and environmental management, setting examples for others to follow.
We will gain commitment to our policy of energy management throughout the organisation and ensure that everyone is involved in its implementation. We have set up our own staff Green Team where we will manage our energy resources, and by careful monitoring of what we use, where we use it, and by how much we use, we will reduce our energy requirements to the minimum possible without compromising our excellent service to our customers.
Cadbury Green Attractions...
Whether you want to explore by foot or bike, guests are encouraged to use our mountain bikes, located in thebikeshed free of charge to explore the local area. Cadbury Hill and The Strawberry Line are 2 local attractions.
Cadbury Hill consists of grassy areas, largely covered by broad leaved woodland. The top of the hill is free of trees and supports limestone grassland, home to a variety of butterflies and invertebrates while bats and owls may be seen foraging across the site at dusk.
The Strawberry Line is a 10 mile route built on what was originally a railway line built in 1869. The line closed in 1960 when it became part of the Cheddar Valley Railway Nature Reserve.
How can our guests help..?
Guests are encouraged to help us protect the environment whilst they stay with us.
- Guests are asked to put their towel in the bath should they want it washed but if they are happy to reuse it to place it back on the rail
- Guests can also ask for their sheets to be changed less regularly
- Guests can use a whiteboard instead of a flip chart during conference to save paper
- Guests can remember to turn the tap off whilst brushing their teeth and not over fill the kettle.
If our hotel guests arrive by public transport for their stay and can present a valid bus or train ticket then we will take a 10% discount off your room rate.
- Pullins Bakery (1 mile)
- Cleeve Village Farm supplies us with all our Pork & Lamb including our own Cadbury recipe Sausages (2 miles)
- Bakers in Nailsea provides us with our Beef (5 miles)